Mental Health Campaign
Aluflexpack Supporting Mental Health
Ahead of World Mental Health Day on October 10, Aluflexpack Group is proud to launch a Mental Health Campaign, as part of our future Employee Wellbeing Strategy. At Aluflexpack, we recognise the importance of mental health as a key element of wellbeing, along with physical health, social environment, and work-life balance. The goal of the campaign is to raise awareness of the importance of mental health, highlighting its key role in achieving a harmonious and fulfilling life. Eliminating the prejudice and stigma that have long been attached to mental health issues is essential for spreading awareness of the importance of mental health preservation.
Mental health is part of health
Taking care of mental health is not a sign of weakness, but rather an indicator of inner strength and self-care. In the context of today’s fast-paced lifestyle, mental health care is becoming more and more important. Every one of us occasionally has days when our mood and energy are not at their highest level. These are completely natural situations that make us human. In such moments, our reactions can vary – some people cope better with these situations, while others do not manage so well, which is completely normal. It is important to understand that such moments are not a sign of weakness, but an opportunity for personal growth and development. The key is to consciously accept that it is normal to feel emotionally vulnerable at certain times. These experiences are an opportunity to gain better understanding of our thoughts and feelings and to build mental resilience.
As with taking care of our physical health, taking care of our mental wellbeing is essential to our overall health. Namely, mental health does not simply mean the absence of mental disorders or diseases (although this belief has long fuelled a stigma that diminishes the importance of mental health preservation). It covers a much wider area, from emotional wellbeing, the ability to deal with stress, ways to manage emotions and relationships to coping with everyday challenges – these are all key aspects of mental health.
Regardless of work and all the various obligations that affect our everyday life, every one of us has the opportunity to do something for our mental health today. There are a number of habits and behaviours that can be incorporated into everyday life to positively impact mental health:
- Spending time outdoors – Walking in the park, relaxing on a terrace or participating in our favourite activities in the fresh air has a beneficial effect on mental health and provides a sense of calm and regeneration.
- Cultivating contacts with family and friends – Regular contact and conversation with loved ones provides a sense of connection and support. Open communication about feelings can lighten the emotional burden we carry.
- Taking time for ourselves – Whether reading our favourite book, meditating or taking a walk in nature, it’s important to find time for activities that promote relaxation.
- Positive attitude – A positive attitude plays a key role in maintaining mental health because it affects our emotions and behaviour. Therefore, it’s important to focus on the positive aspects of life, encourage optimism and laughter and cultivate gratitude for the small everyday things that fill us with happiness.
- Getting involved in the community – Helping others and participating in communal activities give us a sense of productivity and purpose and increase our sense of self-worth.
It’s okay to ask for help!
Asking for help is not a sign of weakness: it’s a sign of strength! Mental health challenges can affect anyone, regardless of age, gender, occupation or educational background. In a world where the boundaries between work and private time have been erased, and daily challenges and obligations present themselves, maintaining mental resilience can be really difficult. Just as it is not acceptable to ignore physical symptoms that indicate a possible health problem, it is important to recognise the early signs that point to potential mental health challenges.
Mood swings, feelings of being overwhelmed, and difficulties in managing stress are completely natural, everyday occurrences, but if you feel that you cannot cope with them in a satisfactory way, consult with mental health professionals who will help you take the appropriate steps. Information about available mental health services can be provided by your general practitioner, while Aluflexpack Group employees can contact the following email address for more information: [email protected].
Small, simple steps can make a significant difference. Let self-care and healthy habits be a priority, and asking for help when needed, a sign of strength!